Low back pain is very common in our society.
Here are just a few things to do to stop the pain:
- Lie on your back, place a pillow under your knees, breathe in through your nose and slowly exhale through your mouth.
- In the sitting position, pull your belly-button into your spine, as you continue to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Do this even when working, watching tv, etc.
- Work on your posture! Try gently pulling your shoulders back and trying to sit or stand up taller.
- Don’t sit for more than 20-minutes at a time. Get up frequently and gently twist, stretch, etc. for 60-seconds before sitting back down.
- Don’t aggressively stretch your back or hips. Gentle stretching will have more benefit than painful stretching.
- Don’t stress. Stress adds extra tension and strain on the muscles of your back. Try to relax and breathe.
This should really help you find relief from lower back pain. If you have any questions just call Liz.